10.2 Agenda for Signs of Safety Strategy Discussion - Meeting for MASH, CP and CLA
In December 2020 this chapter was updated.
- INTRODUCTION AND APOLOGIES;
- STATE AND CHECK DETAILS OF FAMILY MEMBERS; including address’, dates of birth and add any additional family members that other agencies hold.
- REASON FOR AND PURPOSE OF THE STRATEGY DISCUSSION;
- Category of abuse, physical, sexual, emotional or neglect
- Consider if CSE, CE and DV is evident
- RELEVANT BACKGROUND INFORMATION; from each agency and this is to be recorded as shared within the meeting and not additional information added
- Consider if there are any other siblings or children that need to be actioned
- Reflect any outstanding information from agencies
- Signs of Safety Mapping to be completed as Chair analysis including a draft danger statement’s, draft safety goal/s and draft scaling question/s
- Do all agencies believe the child is at harm?
- Immediate actions to be reflective of Section 47 actions and consider the contingency plan such as if no access lone visits or not?
- DECISIONS (consider which of the following may be appropriate – more than one option can be selected)
- Start C&F;
- Start Section 47 Enquiry (starts C&F if not already active);
- Police Investigation;
- Manual Referral to other agency;
- Follow up strategy
- No further action.
- Complete ABE and Medical decision and rationale if not required. If ABE is to be completed the planning meeting timescales to be added to strategy form
- Consider if immediate legal actions are required or a further strategy meeting
- AGREE ACTION PLAN (including the identity and timescale of the person responsible for each agreed action and rationale for this action); this is to include the immediate actions on the previous page.
- DATE, TIME AND VENUE OF THE FIRST OR NEXT REVIEW MEETING if appropriate.